Friday, November 27, 2015

I Don't Need A New Laptop, But...

Wish I could afford one, and can't help but look and drool sometimes.

Today I got an email from Acer. First one I remember ever getting, which lead me to looking at laptops that which I really, really would love to be able to buy. The top of the line, no way in hell can I afford these machines start at $1500 is the Predator 15 G9-591-70VM Gaming Laptop, way too rich for my blood at the moment. Then there's the Aspire VN7-572G-53E7 Gaming Notebook, which comes with a $700 price tag, which is $100 off the regular price.

Predator 15 G9-591-70VM Dream Machine

This, of course lead me to look to see what my local Microcenter had to offer. The ASUS ROG GL551JW-DS71 15.6" Gaming Laptop looks awesome, but at $950 no way am I buy that soon. Even the "open box" available at the moment is $900. But, more in my potential budget, if my arm ever got twisted by one of my current machines dying is the Acer Aspire E5-491G-70PX 14" Laptop. It doesn't have the back lit keyboard of the gaming rigs, but otherwise looks to hold it's own against the other two machines. The $650 price is more than I have to spend,though. Lastly they have the Toshiba Satellite C75D-C7232 17.3" Laptop, with a $500 price tag. If I was actually in the market for a new machine this is probably what I'd end up with at this point.


Toshiba Satellite C75D-C7232

To put things in perspective, while I'm making significantly more than you're average McDonalds burger slinger, I'm still making less than the $15 an hour that they're asking for.

Anyone got a million dollar lottery ticket they don't need?

No comments:

Post a Comment